This quote written over a century ago summarizes one of the driving factors for today’s social media engagement strategy developments. With the increasing speed of communication now available through the variety of social tools, most executives might think that limiting conversation (i.e. managing business risk) may be the ideal social media engagement strategy. However, at Taiga Company, we advocate the exact opposite.
At Taiga Company, we advocate that sustainability professionals and executives should not only engage in conversation but actively work to lead the discussions. Drilling down into the value drivers of social media success in forward-thinking cultures, knowledge management is being expanded as a driver of social media strategies. Some of the most recognized incentives of proactive social engagement include:
- To make innovative ideas visible and accessible
- To allow people to have conversations
- To build community
- To facilitate information exchange
- To enable knowledge sharing
- To assist with expert location
- To power collaboration on idea evolution
- To help people educate themselves
- To connect people to others who share their passion
- To surface the insights and strategy that people should be building ideas from
Sustainability and social media together offer a refreshing and innovative approach to business. In fact, results have shown that socially engaged enterprises see 4x better returns. For these and a number of positive business sustainability reasons, our professional consulting provides information and services to help your business discover the value of social media for sustainability communications. Visit us to learn how you can drive the conversation.